Terms and Conditions
Please Read These Terms And Conditions Carefully Before Using This Site
Terms Of Website Use
Other Applicable Terms
- Our Privacy & Cookies Policy [Please see our Privacy & Cookies Policy, which sets out the terms on which we process any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us. By using our site, you consent to such processing and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate.
- Our Policies & Procedures [Please see our Policies & Procedures section], where the Website Code of Conduct amongst other policies and procedures sets out and provides information on current written protocols, policies and procedures for delivering the Academies services and responsibilities. When using our site and or products and services, you must comply with these policies and procedures.
- Our Acceptable Use Policy (see below)
Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.ReceptionAcademy.com (our site). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use.
www.ReceptionAcademy.com is a site operated by Hospitality Training & Recruitment Ltd. Trading as Reception Academy (we or us). Reception Academy head office is at 16 Brune Street, Coppergate House, London, E1 7NJ, United Kingdom.
Ownership of Rights
All rights, including copyright, in this website, are owned by or licensed to Hospitality Training & Recruitment Ltd. Trading as Reception Academy Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for use as outlined in the "Permitted Uses" clause below is prohibited without the permission of Hospitality Training & Recruitment.
You agree that you are only authorised to visit, view and to retain a copy of pages within this website for your own personal use, and that you shall not duplicate, download, publish, modify or otherwise distribute the material on this website for any purpose other than to review the information contained therein, for personal use, or to transact enrolment or bookings, unless otherwise specifically authorized by Hospitality Training & Recruitment to do so.
- Hospitality Training & Recruitment Ltd. does not promise or guarantee that our website will be error-free, uninterrupted, nor that it will provide specific results from use of the website or any content or link on it. The website and its content are delivered on an "as-is" and "as available" basis.
- Hospitality Training & Recruitment Ltd. cannot ensure that files you download from the website will be free of viruses or contamination or destructive features.
- Hospitality Training & Recruitment Ltd. disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including also any implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
- Hospitality Training & Recruitment Ltd. will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this website, including without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, and punitive and consequential damages.
- Hospitality Training & Recruitment Ltd. makes no guarantee of any specific result from use of this website or use of the Hospitality Training & Recruitment Ltd. Provided products or service.
- Hospitality Training & Recruitment Ltd. may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs and platform in order to access our site.
You should use your own virus protection software. You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Your Account And Password
Links to Third Party Websites
- This website may contain hyperlinks to third party websites. Hospitality Training & Recruitment has no control over these websites or the content within them.
- Hospitality Training & Recruitment cannot guarantee, represent or warrant that the content contained in the websites is accurate, legal and/or inoffensive.
- Hospitality Training & Recruitment does not endorse the content of any third party website, nor do we warrant that they will not contain viruses or otherwise impact your computer.
By using this website to link to another website, you agree and understand that you may not make any claim against Hospitality Training & Recruitment for any damages or losses, whatsoever, resulting from your use of the website to link to another website.
If you have a problem with a link from the website, please notify us by phone and we will investigate your claim and take any actions we deem appropriate in our sole discretion. Limitation on Liability
Except in jurisdictions where such provisions are restricted, in no event will Hospitality Training & Recruitment be liable to you for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including also lost profits, even if Hospitality Training & Recruitment has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
The rights in images, trademarks, trade names, logos and so forth included in Reception Academy are owned by Hospitality Training & Recruitment Ltd. and/or third parties. You will need to obtain permission in writing from the owner before you may use these images, trademarks, trade names, logos in any way. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
By using the downloadable content, interactive tools and videos you accept and agree to the following terms:
- You must not alter, adapt, edit, incorporate, modify or translate the video or tool in any way.
- You must not alter, adapt, edit, modify or remove the Reception Academy branding.
- You must not use the video or tool for purposes that are illegal, derogatory or otherwise objectionable or that bring us or any third party into disrepute.
- You may not indirectly or directly charge users specifically for accessing the video or tool, or otherwise commercialise such content, nor attempt to re-sell our content in any way.
- You may not directly or indirectly suggest any endorsement or approval by us of your site, product or content or any views expressed within your site or service.
- We have absolute editorial control over all our videos and tools.
- You should refresh cached content every 24 hours to ensure you have the most up-to-date version.
- We reserve the right to alter, adapt, edit, modify or restrict the availability of videos or interactive tools for use on third-party sites.
- For information about how we track and collect information for video usage on third-party sites, please see our Privacy & Cookies Policy.
The terms specific to video and interactive tools may be updated from time to time.
No Reliance On Information
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Limitation Of Our Liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Linking To Our Site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please notify us.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards, please see our "Content Standards" section below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojans, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our Terms of Website Use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of our site; any equipment or network on which our site is stored; any software used in the provision of our site; or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Chat Functionality.
- Discussion Boards.
(interactive services). Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you may contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abusive or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension And Termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy constitutes a material breach of the Terms of Website Use upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary. We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
This website is controlled and operated by Hospitality Training & Recruitment Ltd. from its offices in the United Kingdom.
If there is any dispute about or involving the website, by using the website, you agree that the dispute will be governed and construed by English law.
In the event of a dispute arising out of or relating to these terms and conditions, or your use of or access to this website, litigation must be brought in court in London, England without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
You agree to indemnify and hold Hospitality Training & Recruitment Ltd., its owners, officers, agents and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the website, including also your use of the website to provide a link to another website.
Reception Academy will respond promptly if you let us know when we do not meet your needs or keep our promise.
In the first instance, you should discuss your concerns with your tutor or trusted member of the Reception Academy Team. If this is not appropriate, you should write to:
Reception Academy London
Attn.: Company Director
16 Brune Street
We aim to respond to all complaints within 2 working days.
Booking Terms and Conditions
Course Cancellations, Refunds & Amendments
By completing your registration for a course and making a payment of full or instalment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
1.0 Any courses cancelled 5 weeks - 25 working days or more prior to the course start date admin fee of one half of the course price applies, the remaining deposit will be refunded accordingly.
1.1 Any courses cancelled 24 working days or less prior to the course start date will not be refunded. Any outstanding balance still due for the course must be paid in full effect immediately.
1.2 Courses can only be cancelled prior to course start date. After course has started cancellation policy as outlined in point 1.0 and 1.1 no longer applies and any outstanding course fees must be paid in full regardless of course completion.
1.3 Reception Academy reserves the right to cancel the course if the number of delegates has not reached the minimum required to run the course effectively or any unforeseen circumstances do not allow for a safe training environment. In the event of cancellation, Reception Academy will either arrange for an alternative course date or offer a full refund of the deposit paid.
In case of a course cancellation request, the above refund policy is always bound and applied to the original course booking date.
1.4 All course start dates can be changed 14 working days prior to course start date - subject to availability and admin fee of £50.00 plus VAT.
1.5 Any amendments to the course (course start date, name change, location change etc.) may be rejected if made less than 14 days prior to the course start date.
1.6 Instalment payments must be settled prior to completion of the course. Reception Academy reserves the right to retrieve outstanding balance earlier should the student fail to attend the full course or request a change of start date.
Refunds are subject to the above terms and conditions as outlined in point 1.1 to 1.6 and as highlighted in the "Visa Restrictions" section.
Any refunds granted will be made via the payment method and account that was chosen upon making the booking.
Online course bookings are subject to a full refund within 14 days of online course purchase, as long as the online course was not accessed within this period.
Student Finance Options
We offer student finance options subject to approval.
You can cancel your application anytime before you signed the Credit Agreement and as long as you have not been booked onto a course as a result of your approved application and signed a credit agreement. Once a course was bindingly booked, the standard terms and conditions for course bookings, amendments and cancellations apply.
Failure to Pay
In the first instance, Reception Academy will aim to recover any outstanding balances without the use of a dept collection service. However, if all attempts fail, we will pass outstanding balances on to Daniels Silverman for collection. This will incur an additional fee of 20% on top of the outstanding balance.
Please note that students may require a Visa depending on their choice of training location. It is the bookers' responsibility to familiarize themselves with applicable Visa requirements for the country in which they aim to attend a course.
However, signing up for a course at Reception Academy does not automatically grant legal entry nor does it guarantee that your Visa application will be successful.
We strongly advise that you check Visa requirements before signing up for a course.
Once signed up, regardless of whether Visa was granted or not Reception Academy Booking Cancellation terms, as set out in 1.0 to 1.3, apply.
Policies & Procedures
The section Policies & Procedures provides information on current written protocols, policies and procedures for delivering the Academies services and responsibilities.
These guidelines have been drawn up to ensure that our legal responsibilities are met and that all our students are supported, protected and treated fairly. They are made available as part of our commitment to open and transparent procedures.
They may be of interest to students or anyone considering studying or working at Reception Academy.
Hospitality Training & Recruitment does not guarantee employment to any student as a result of purchasing and attending any of its training courses.
Hospitality Training & Recruitment cannot be held responsible for its client’s requirements or selection criteria at any time.
Hospitality Training & Recruitment reserves the right to change these terms at any time, effective immediately upon posting on the website. Please check this page of the website periodically.