Privacy & Cookies
Scope of Policy
The provision of the service requires us to store your personal information for as long as stipulated by law and in accordance with best practice. Hospitality Training & Recruitment Ltd. trading as Reception Academy will use your personal information for the purpose of providing the service to you and in accordance with our legitimate business interests including but not limited to administration; statistical analysis; marketing; education, credit scoring; security vetting; communication with you or other operational reasons relating to our service.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Reception Academy may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page regularly to ensure that you are up to date and aware of any changes.
What Information Do We Collect?
Information you give Us (Submitted information):
You may give Us information about you by filling in forms on and/or Our Site(s), or by corresponding with Us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to Our Site(s), subscribe to any of Our Services, participate in discussion boards (or other social media functions on or linked to Our Site(s), enter a competition, promotion or survey or carry out any other activity and when you report a problem with Our Site(s). The information you give Us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, age, username, password, personal description, and any other information you provide.
Information we collect about you (including information our system automatically collects):
- Name, address and contact information, contact preferences
- Next of kin name and contact details
- Details of your use of any of Our App(s) or your visits to any of Our Site(s) and the resources that you access
- Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from Our Site(s), (including date and time); product you viewed or search for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call Our customer service number
- Location Information. We may also use GPS technology to determine your current location. Some of Our location-enabled Services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time through your browser or mobile device settings
- Preferences and interests that relate to your employment interests
- Key performance indicator in determining your suitability for employment that may be requested in a form of reference from Reception Academy partners
- Your conversations with us when you interact with our team in relation to your training via chats, email, calls and text messaging.
- Your feedback on your training via post training surveys.
- Images of you in areas covered by CCTV.
We provide links to social media website on our website including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
If you log in to or make use of these, we may (depending on your privacy settings) access your information that includes but is not limited to your name, email address, gender, location, profile, picture, contacts and any other information that you have chosen to make available.
Uses Made Of The Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us.
We may use this information:
- To carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about Reception Academy and its Partners' services or offers that we feel may be of interest to you. You can opt out of receiving any communication we send you relating to this at any time;
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services we feel may be of benefit to you. If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form;
- To notify you about changes to Our Service;
- To ensure that content from Our Sites(s) is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Keep things secure and prevent crime and fraud;
- Check whether you qualify for credit. This is so we can assess and decide on whether we can give you (and members of your household) credit, credit-related services. As part of this we may also need to check the financial status of people connected to you (e.g. your spouse or other family members);
- Trace and recover debts, manage credit, detect and prevent fraud and money laundering;
- Recover any money you might owe us;
- Assign your debt to permitted third parties and look after any credit you might have.
Information we collect about you.
We may use this information:
- To administer Our Site(s) and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve Our Site(s) to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device/computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep Our Site(s) safe and secure;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of Our Site(s) about services that may interest you or them.
- To look into any complaints or questions you may raise;
- To provide you with targeted advertising that we feel may be of interest to you.
- For research purposes carried out internally or by trusted third parties
Information we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure Of Your Information
In order to provide the service to you, we share and otherwise exchange within the Hospitality Training & Recruitment Ltd. Network personal information collected by Reception Academy. In order to assist you, Hospitality Training & Recruitment Ltd., provision of the service, you also consent to us sharing and exchanging your personal information with Hospitality Training & Recruitment Ltd.'s carefully chosen data processors, such as Hotels. Hospitality Training & Recruitment Ltd. will only use carefully chosen data processors who contractually agree to protect your personal information whilst being processed on Hospitality Training & Recruitment Ltd.'s behalf.
We may also share your information with selected third parties including but not limited to:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract We enter into with you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist Us in the improvement and optimisation of Our Site(s).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If Reception Academy or substantially all of its assets are transferred to a third party organisation, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site(s), you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Site(s); any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information Collected By Us?
Hospitality Training & Recruitment Ltd. is committed to protecting your privacy. We will only provide access to personal information about you to those members of the Hospitality Training & Recruitment Ltd. Network who we consider need such access in order to carry out our contractual obligations to you. We have taken appropriate steps to ensure the security of personal information whether it is stored in computer systems paper files or other storage media. Our computer database(s) are protected by certified firewalls in order to protect your personal information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing. We use the latest technology with full backups. Password protection is provided for all registered users of our website. All outgoing and incoming email is scanned for viruses. Hospitality Training & Recruitment Ltd. expects the same high standards of security and confidentiality of any suppliers that process personal information on our behalf.
What Rights Do You Have To Access Personal Information Collected By Us?
We will employ effective procedures and safeguards to ensure that the personal information we hold on you are adequate relevant and not excessive in relation to the purposes for which they were obtained as well as accurate and up-to-date. Where you inform us by e-mail of any inaccuracies in the personal information we hold we will correct and where appropriate delete incorrect personal information. Retention periods are in place to ensure that personal information are only stored whilst they are required for the purposes in question or to meet administrative legal and regulatory requirements. Where personal information is no longer required we will ensure that they are disposed of in a secure manner.
You have the right to see all personal information we hold on you. Should you wish to have access to all or a particular part of your personal information please contact us. Such access will be granted in accordance with the requirements of national legislation and subject to any discretionary allowance for us to make a charge payable by you to cover our administration costs incurred in providing you with such personal information.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy & Cookies Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to our:
Data Compliance Officer
16 Brune Street,
London, E1 7NJ
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of Our Site(s). They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of Our Site(s).
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around Our Site(s) when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way Our Site(s) work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to Our Site(s). This enables Us to personalise Our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to Our Site(s), the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make Our Site(s) more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Advertising cookies.
The opt-out cookie may not work if your browser is configured to block third-party cookies. If you delete your cookies, you will need to opt out again. There are browser plugins to help you preserve your opt-out cookies.
The opt-out only applies to the browser in which you set it. For example, if you set the opt-out while using Firefox, but then use Chrome, the opt-out will not be active in Chrome. To opt out in Chrome, you will need to repeat the opt-out process.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of Our Site(s).
To find out how to allow, block, delete and manage the cookies on all standard web browsers, please go to www.aboutcookies.org.