Why Reception Academy?
Reception Academy is the leading training school for short term vocational Hotel Training.
The hotels and companies we work with are well known and much respected in the industry. Through our connections, we have taken great effort to learn their specific requirements and what qualities they look for when hiring hotel and corporate staff. Our unique concept provides a platform which connects fully trained students with hotels and company partners looking to recruit staff.
Our successful high record of converting our inexperienced students into employed Hotel and Corporate Receptionists, speaks volumes as to why people chose us.
Furthermore please see other reasons as to why people choose us below:
- No hidden costs
- Small classroom groups
- We only use the latest technology
- Hands on training using a dedicated laptop per student
- Practical training using props and equipments
- Fun interactive exercises
- Hotel and Reception Academy CV which stand out from other CVs
- Help and support along the way and after completion of the training
- Trainers with years of experience in the industry
- Close and strong network with Hotels
- Caring and helpful staff
- Convenient central London location
- Bright and airy training rooms with natural day light
Feel free to watch our videos on the Reception Academy YouTube channel, which include testimonials from recruiters of major brands as well as previous students talking about the quality of our training.
What Hotels and Companies do we work with?
We work closely with a number of Hotels and Corporate Reception providers. These include brand names such as Hilton, Radisson Edwardian, Park Plaza, Hyatt, Portico, Cushman Wakefield, Rapport just to name a few.
What are the courses we offer?
Reception Academy offers a number of courses relating to the Hospitality industry with view to employment by major Companies. Click on each course below to find full details for the specific course.
- What is the Hotel Receptionist and Opera PMS Hotel Software Course?
- What is the Reservation Agent and Opera PMS Hotel Software Course?
- What is the Corporate Receptionist and BluePoint VMS Course?
- What is the Opera PMS Hotel Software Course?
- What is the Hospitality English Language Course?
- What is the Management Course?
- What is the Supervision and Leadership Course?
- What is the Customer Service Excellence Course?
- What is the Opera PMS Hotel Software Online Course?
- What is the Telephone Handling Course?
- What is the Message Handling Course?
- Whats is the Hotel Reservations, taking a booking by phone course?
- What is the Professional Hospitality Communication course?
- What is the Exceeding Guest Expectations with excellence course?
- What is the Up-Selling Techniques Course?
- What is the Fundamental Interaction & Networking Techniques Course?
What do the courses consist of?
We have designed our courses to ensure students are taught the required skills to be professional Hotel staff or Corporate staff based on your chosen course and career path.
- Understanding and using Opera PMS Version 5 Property Management System (PMS)
- Welcoming guests upon arrival using correct terminology
- Hands on practical sessions behind our replica Hotel Reception desk
- Introduction to Hotel Accounts used in Front of House
- Becoming familiar with hotel terminology (specific language used in UK hotels)
- Taking full reservations on the phone and transferring them onto Opera PMS
- Complaint handling
- Sales & Marketing: learning to up-sell a room
- Checking-In and Checking-Out guests using Opera
- Career path planning for a clear understanding of your future in the hospitality industry
- CV writing skills including our guidance on creating the perfect CV for Hotels
- Interview techniques including our guidance on how to perform in assessment centres
As an example, the Hotel Receptionist course runs once every month and is carried out during the following hours:
- Morning Course: Monday-Friday 07.30 - 11.30
- Mid-Morning : Monday-Friday 12.00 - 16.00
- Evening Course: Monday-Friday 16.30 - 20.30
When should I register?
It is recommended that you register three weeks in advance of the start date for each course. If you find a course is fully booked, you will be able to reserve a place on the waiting list for each course. This can be done online or by simply completing a contact us form and making a request to be placed on the waiting list.
Will Reception Academy help me find work?
We at the Academy not only teach you the relevant skills to be an exceptional Front of house staff member, we also provide guidance in finding work with hotels and corporateions. With thousands of hotels and companies in London alone, there are plenty of employment opportunities.
Once a course is completed, a profile is created for each graduate on our website. This profile will consist of a brand new Reception Academy formatted CV, a professional photograph and the graduate’s personal contact details. All of this is included in the course rate*.
After our graduation ceremony, Hotels and Corporate Partners have access to these profiles and can ask graduates to come in for an interview. A high percentage of our graduates are successfully employed by our partnered hotels and companies.
*This applies to certain courses only and is detailed below each course.
Where is the Academy?
This course will be held at our Training Centre located at 16 Brune Street, E1 7NJ, approximately five (5) minutes walk from Liverpool Street Station and Aldgate East. Whitechapel over ground is nearby as well as a various bus routes heading towards the City.
To help you find our location we suggest you click on this link to View Larger Map. You can also request directions from any of the tube stations to the Academy by contacting us on +44 (0)20 7953 7796 or alternatively use our contact form and we will help accordingly.
May I visit Reception Academy?
We invite you to visit Reception Academy to see the training centre and meet our friendly staff and trainers.
Simply request a visit by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively by completing a contact form and we will arrange this for you. Appointments available, Monday to Friday from 11.30-12.00 or 16.00-16.30.
Accommodation in London?
Cost of living and transport in London can be relatively costly depending on where you stay and your method of travel. Central London is divided into zones 1 through 6, with accommodation costs ranging from £130 to £200+ per week. As a general guide, the higher the zone the cheaper the accommodation, however, the cost of travel to the Academy (zone 1) will be higher.
Cost of the courses?
Our courses represent value for money; to find out rates for the course follow this link, where you will see a list of all courses and rates.
All courses can be paid either in instalments or in full. Instalment rates are approximately 10% more than upfront payments.
We accept all major credit cards as well as cash payments. If you are overseas we can provide you with our bank details so that you can arrange a Bank transfer.
An example for Hotel Receptionist Course payment options:
- £899.00: This can be paid in three instalments:
- £299.67 When you register and book online
- £299.67 First week of the course
- £299.66 Last week of the course
- £799.00: This special discounted rate for those who pay-in-full up front.
Inclusive of the price?
- Reception Academy stationary to utilise during the course.
- Access to our classrooms during the course, subject to availability.
- Certification of completion.
- Graduation ceremony in a 5 star London Hotel.*
- Professional profiles on the Reception Academy website which is accessible to over 500 partnered hotels.*
- An e-copy of your customised Reception Academy CV.*
- An e-copy of your profile photo, in jpeg format.
*This applies to certain courses only and is detailed below each course.
Students can either pay online using a valid credit card or in cash at the Academy. If you are unable to proceed with payment as above, you can make a direct payment into our account. Our bank details are as follows:
Sort Code: 20 54 58
Bank Account: 70248010
SWIFT CODE: BARCGB22
How do I register and book a course?
To register, simply follow this link chose the course you want to do then:
- Decide the preferred start date for your course.
- Select your preferred time.
- Choose your payment option (paid-in-full discounted rate or instalment rate).
- Enter your full details, so we can send you a confirmation letter and receipt via email.
- Choose a password.
- Click “check out”.
- You will now need to enter your credit card details – please ensure that “Card Holder Address” is entered as the address.
- Upon completion, you will need to click “Confirm booking and Pay” showing you the exact amount you have agreed to pay above.
- You should now receive an email confirmation along with an attachment which is a small questionnaire. Kindly print this off, complete and return to the class on your first day.
What do graduates think about Reception Academy?
We encourage you to follow us on Facebook to see what graduates are saying about us and to hear about their success. Click the link below for Facebook to read student opinions.
What are the requirements for doing this course?
Prospective students looking to take part in any of our classroom based courses must be 18 years and above. They are required to either be a UK/European citizen or hold a valid visa based on their status (student or spouse visa). Graduates who complete our courses and are looking for employment within UK must have proof of eligibility to work in the UK (this does not apply to EU citizens).
You are NOT required to have a degree or a certificate to prove your level of English to be eligible to do the course. Whilst during the training the students learn Hospitality Terminologies, we recommend that they possess a conversational standard of English in order to take part in our courses.We offer a number of on-line courses which cover useful sentences used either during the training or within Hospitality work environments. We strongly suggest taking these courses to be better prepared.
What do I need to wear?
Dress code for the course is smart casual, no jogging suits but you may wear jeans.
You need to have a suit and a shirt – a tie for gents - ladies do not have to wear a skirt with their suit but gents will need to wear a tie. The suit is worn only on the graduation, profile picture and the practical exam days.
What do I need to bring to the classroom?
The Academy provides all the students with access to a dedicated laptop, so you do NOT need to bring one. You will also get a notepad and pen, so you only need to bring with you the answers to the course questionnaire (4-week course only), balcony disclaimer (4-week course only), contact detail form and your passion for the Hospitality industry.
Please remember to print out the directions and bring them with you so that you can find us the first time you visit.
Students are required to attend at least 80% of the course in order to be allowed to take the final exam. Regardless of authorised or unauthorised absence, any attendance below 80% will automatically exclude the student from sitting the final exam and therefore he/she may not receive a certificate.
Appeals can be made in writing.
How long do I have to complete an online course?
Online Courses are available for 30 days from the time of payment. During these 30 days, you may repeat the course and view the slides as many times as you like, however, the quiz can be completed only once. There is enough time for you to work through the course materials thoroughly, so please do so before choosing to complete the final quiz. Upon successful completion please email email@example.com in order to receive a copy of your certificate (if applicable).