- Why Choose Reception Academy?
- What Companies do you work with?
- What are the courses we offer?
- What do courses include?
- What are the Course times?
- When should I register?
- Will Reception Academy help me find work?
- Where is the Academy?
- May I visit Reception Academy?
- Do you provide Accommodation?
- How much is the cost of the courses?
- What are the payment options?
- What's included in the price?
- How do I register and book a course?
- What do graduates think about Reception Academy?
- What are the requirements for attending your courses?
- What do I need to wear?
- What do I need to bring to the classroom?
- What are the Attendance Requirements?
- Can I fail a classroom course?
- What is the examination process for a classroom course like?
- How long do I have to complete an Online Course?
Why Reception Academy?
Reception Academy is the leading training school for short-term vocational training focusing on the work of a receptionist.
The companies we work with are well known and much respected in their respective industry. Through our connections, we have taken great effort to learn their specific requirements and what qualities they look for when hiring staff. Our unique concept provides a platform which connects fully trained students with corporate partners looking to recruit staff.
Here are some other reasons why people choose us:
- No hidden costs
- Small classroom groups
- We only use the latest technology
- Hands-on training using a dedicated laptop per student
- Practical training using props and equipment
- Fun interactive exercises
- Reception Academy CV which stands out from other CVs
- Help and support along the way and after completion of the course
- Trainers with years of experience in the industry
- Close and strong network of partner companies
- Caring and helpful staff
- Convenient central London
- Bright and airy training rooms with natural daylight
Feel free to watch our videos on the Reception Academy YouTube channel, which include testimonials from recruiters of major brands as well as previous students talking about the quality of our training.
What Companies do we work with?
We work closely with over 800 well known companies, spanning the sectors of hotels, corporations and medical firms. These include brand names such as Hilton, Radisson Edwardian, Park Plaza, Hyatt, Portico, Cushman Wakefield, Rapport and the NHS just to name a few.
What are the courses we offer?
We offer a number of career starter courses. Click on each link below to see full details for the specific course.
- Hotel Receptionist and Opera PMS Hotel Software Course
- Reservation Agent and Opera PMS Hotel Software Course
- Corporate Receptionist and BluePoint VMS Course
- Medical Receptionist and Medesk CMS Course
- Opera PMS Hotel Software Course
- Supervision and Leadership Course
- Customer Service Excellence Course
- Opera PMS Hotel Software Online Course
- Telephone Handling Course
- Message Handling Course
- Hotel Reservations, taking a booking by phone course
- Professional Hospitality Communication course
- Exceeding Guest Expectations with excellence course
- Up-Selling Techniques Course
- Fundamental Interaction & Networking Techniques Course
Distance Learning Courses
What do courses include?
We have designed our courses to ensure students are taught the required skills to become a professional receptionist in either the hotel-, corporate- or medical sector.
Generally courses include training on:
- The relevant software used in your chosen industry i.e. Opera PMS for the Hotel Reception / Hotel Reservations Agent Course, BluePoint VMS for the Corporate Receptionist Course and Medesk for the Medical Receptionist Course.
- Welcoming guests, visitors and patients upon arrival
- The use of correct and industry specific terminology
- Hands-on practical sessions behind our replica Reception desk
- Complaint handling
- Career path planning for a clear understanding of your future
- CV writing skills including our guidance on creating the perfect CV
- Interview techniques including our guidance on how to perform in assessment centres.
Each course has it's own specific time slot which is displayed within the course itself. Courses usually fall within either one, two or all of the below course time options.
- Morning Course: Monday-Friday 07.30 - 11.30
- Mid-Morning: Monday-Friday 12.00 - 16.00
- Evening Course: Monday-Friday 16.30 - 20.30
Weekend classes are run on a full day basis from 9.30 to 18.00
Adequate break times are provided in each course.
When should I register?
It is recommended that you register for a course at least four weeks ahead of the course start date. In doing so you will also benefit from a 10% discount which will be automatically applied on check out.
We are keeping classes small so if you do find a course is fully booked, you will be able to reserve a place on the waiting list. This can be done online or by simply completing a contact form and making a request to be placed on the waiting list.
Will Reception Academy help me find work?
At Reception Academy we not only teach you the relevant skills to be an exceptional team member, we also provide guidance and active support in finding you work. With over 800 partner companies, there are plenty of employment opportunities.
Once a course is completed, a profile is created for each graduate on our website. This profile will consist of a brand new Reception Academy formatted CV, a professional photograph and the graduate’s personal contact details. All of this is included in our classroom course rate.
After our graduation ceremony, partner companies have access to these profiles and can ask graduates to come in for an interview. Over 95% of our graduates go into employment on course completion.
Where is the Academy?
Our courses are held at our Training Centre located at 16 Brune Street, E1 7NJ, approximately five minutes walk from Liverpool Street Station. Aldgate East Station as well as Whitechapel overground are also nearby.
You can also request directions from any of the tube stations to the Academy by contacting us on +44 (0)20 7953 7796 or alternatively use our contact form.
May I visit Reception Academy?
We encourage you to visit Reception Academy to see the training centre and meet our friendly staff and trainers.
Accommodation in London?
Cost of the courses?
Our courses represent great value for money.
We operate on a "not for profit" basis and we are greatly supported by our partner companies, allowing us to keep the course fees as low as possible and enabling you to start a new career at a price that most training companies charge for a two day course.
Remember, valuable classroom training provided by caring trainers, using a sophisticated operating software can never be replaced by generic online training that is essentially delivered by a machine and does not include hands-on experience.
To see our course rates follow this link.
What are the Payment Options?
All courses can be paid either in instalments or in full. We also offer affordable finance plans.
We accept all major credit cards as well as cash payments. If you are unable to proceed with payment as above, you can make a direct payment into our account. Our bank details are as follows:
Sort Code: 20 54 58
Bank Account: 70248010
SWIFT CODE: BARCGB22
Inclusive of the price?
Our career starter classroom courses include:
- Reception Academy stationary
- Certification on course completion
- Graduation ceremony in a London Hotel
- Professional profile on our website
- An e-copy of your customised CV
- An e-copy of your profile photo
How do I register and book a course?
To register, simply follow this link and choose the course you would like to go on. Then follow on-screen instructions.
What do graduates think about Reception Academy?
We encourage you to follow us on Facebook to read what graduates are saying about us and to hear about their success. You can also have a look at our Testimonial Page or read more detailed Success Stories.
What are the requirements for doing this course?
Prospective students looking to take part in any of our classroom-based courses must be 18 years and above. They are required to either be a UK/European citizen or hold a valid visa based on their status (student or spouse visa). Graduates who complete our courses and are looking for employment within the UK must have proof of eligibility to work in the UK (this does not apply to EU citizens).
You are NOT required to have a degree or a certificate to prove your level of English to be eligible to do the course. Whilst we include work place specific English in each course, we recommend that students possess a conversational standard of English.
What do I need to wear?
Dress code for the course is smart casual, no jogging suits but you may wear jeans.
You need to have a suit and a shirt – a tie for gents for the graduation and profile picture days. Your trainer will tell you on day one of your course when those two occasions are scheduled for your class.
What do I need to bring to the classroom?
The Academy provides all students with access to a dedicated laptop, so you do NOT need to bring one. You will also get a notepad and pen, so you only need to bring with you the answers to the course questionnaire, balcony disclaimer, contact detail form and your passion for your chosen course.
Please remember to print out the directions and bring them with you so that you can find us the first time you visit.
Students are required to attend at least 80% of the course in order to be allowed to take the final exam.
Regardless of authorised or unauthorised absence, any attendance below 80% will automatically exclude the student from sitting the final exam and therefore he/she may not receive a certificate.
Can I fail a classroom course?
The simple answer is "no". As long as you attend at least 80% of the course and you sit the exam, you will receive a certificate at the end of the course. Our final exams do not have a pass mark and therefore you cannot fail.
What is the examination process for a classroom course like?
Our exams are straight forward and consist of multiple choice questionnaires and an exercise sheet. We also prepare you during the course by having you take a mock exam. The mock exam is purely for yourself to see how well you have learned and where you need to improve. The score from the mock exam does not form part of your final exam. Our final exams do not have a pass mark and therefore you cannot fail.
How long do I have to complete an online course?
Online Courses are available for 30 days from the time of payment. During these 30 days, you may repeat the course and view the slides as many times as you like, however, the quiz can be completed only once. There is enough time for you to work through the course materials thoroughly, so please do so before choosing to complete the final quiz. Upon successful completion please email firstname.lastname@example.org in order to receive a copy of your certificate (if applicable).