- Why Choose Reception Academy?
- What Hotels and Companies do you work with?
- What are the courses we offer?
- What do the courses consist of?
- What are the Course times?
- When should I register?
- Will Reception Academy help me find work?
- Where is the Academy?
- May I visit Reception Academy?
- Do you provide Accommodation?
- How much is the cost of the courses?
- What are the payment options?
- What's included in the price?
- How do I register and book a course?
- What do graduates think about Reception Academy?
- What are the requirements for attending your courses?
- What do I need to wear?
- What do I need to bring to the classroom?
- What are the Attendance Requirements?
- Can I fail a classroom course?
- What is the examination process for a classroom course like?
- How long do I have to complete an Online Course?
Why Reception Academy?
Reception Academy is the leading training school for short-term vocational Hotel and Corporate Training.
The hotels and companies we work with are well known and much respected in the industry. Through our connections, we have taken great effort to learn their specific requirements and what qualities they look for when hiring hotel and corporate staff. Our unique concept provides a platform which connects fully trained students with hotels and company partners looking to recruit staff.
Our successful high record of converting our inexperienced students into employed Hotel and Corporate Receptionists, speaks volumes as to why people chose us.
Furthermore please see other reasons as to why people choose us below:
- No hidden costs
- Small classroom groups
- We only use the latest technology
- Hands-on training using a dedicated laptop per student
- Practical training using props and equipment
- Fun interactive exercises
- Reception Academy CV which stands out from other CVs
- Help and support along the way and after completion of the training
- Trainers with years of experience in the industry
- Close and strong network with Hotels and Companies
- Caring and helpful staff
- Convenient central London location
- Bright and airy training rooms with natural daylight
Feel free to watch our videos on the Reception Academy YouTube channel, which include testimonials from recruiters of major brands as well as previous students talking about the quality of our training.
What Hotels and Companies do we work with?
We work closely with a number of Hotels and Corporate Reception providers. These include brand names such as Hilton, Radisson Edwardian, Park Plaza, Hyatt, Portico, Cushman Wakefield, and Rapport just to name a few.
What are the courses we offer?
Reception Academy offers a number of courses relating to the Hospitality industry with view to employment by major Companies. Click on each course below to find full details for the specific course.
- Hotel Receptionist and Opera PMS Hotel Software Course?
- Reservation Agent and Opera PMS Hotel Software Course?
- Corporate Receptionist and BluePoint VMS Course?
- Opera PMS Hotel Software Course?
- Hospitality English Language Course?
- Supervision and Leadership Course?
- Customer Service Excellence Course?
- Opera PMS Hotel Software Online Course?
- Telephone Handling Course?
- Message Handling Course?
- Hotel Reservations, taking a booking by phone course?
- Professional Hospitality Communication course?
- Exceeding Guest Expectations with excellence course?
- Up-Selling Techniques Course?
- Fundamental Interaction & Networking Techniques Course?
What do the courses consist of?
We have designed our courses to ensure students are taught the required skills to be professional Hotel staff or Corporate staff based on your chosen course and career path.
Generally courses consist of:
- Understanding the relevant software used in your chosen industry i.e. Opera PMS for the Hotel Reception / Hotel Reservations Agent Course or BluePoint VMS for the Corporate Receptionist Course
- Welcoming guests upon arrival using correct terminology
- Hands-on practical sessions behind our replica Reception desk
- Becoming familiar with relevant industry terminology
- Transferring bookings and appointments into relevant software
- Complaint handling
- Checking-In and Checking-Out guests and visitors
- Career path planning for a clear understanding of your future in the hospitality industry
- CV writing skills including our guidance on creating the perfect CV
- Interview techniques including our guidance on how to perform in assessment centres.
Each course has it's own specific time slot which is displayed within the course itself. Courses usually fall within either one, two or all of the below course time options.
- Morning Course: Monday-Friday 07.30 - 11.30
- Mid-Morning: Monday-Friday 12.00 - 16.00
- Evening Course: Monday-Friday 16.30 - 20.30
Weekend classes are run on a full day basis from 9.30 to 18.00
Adequate break times are provided in each course.
When should I register?
It is recommended that you register three weeks in advance of the start date for each course. Any courses booked six weeks before course start date are eligible for a 5% discount. This will be applied automatically on check out.
If you find a course is fully booked, you will be able to reserve a place on the waiting list for each course. This can be done online or by simply completing a contact form and making a request to be placed on the waiting list.
Will Reception Academy help me find work?
At Reception Academy we not only teach you the relevant skills to be an exceptional team member, we also provide guidance and active support in finding you work. With thousands of hotels and companies in London alone, there are plenty of employment opportunities.
Once a course is completed, a profile is created for each graduate on our website. This profile will consist of a brand new Reception Academy formatted CV, a professional photograph and the graduate’s personal contact details. All of this is included in the course rate*.
After our graduation ceremony, Hotels and Corporate Partners have access to these profiles and can ask graduates to come in for an interview. A high percentage of our graduates are successfully employed by our partnered hotels and companies.
*This applies to certain courses only and is detailed below each course.
Where is the Academy?
Our courses are held at our Training Centre located at 16 Brune Street, E1 7NJ, approximately five minutes walk from Liverpool Street Station. Aldgate East Station as well as Whitechapel overground are also nearby.
Click on the image below to find us on Google Maps.
You can also request directions from any of the tube stations to the Academy by contacting us on +44 (0)20 7953 7796 or alternatively use our contact form and we will help accordingly.
May I visit Reception Academy?
We encourage you to visit Reception Academy to see the training centre and meet our friendly staff and trainers.
Accommodation in London?
We have partnered with Hospitality London, a trusted provider of student accommodation. We have also put together some great options for alternative accommodation in London. Simply follow this link to find out more.
Cost of the courses?
Our courses represent great value for money.
We operate on a "not for profit" basis and we are greatly supported by our partner hotels and companies, allowing us to keep the course fees as low as possible and enabling you to start a new career at a price that most training companies charge for a two day course.
Remember, valuable classroom training provided by caring trainers, using a sophisticated operating software can never be replaced by generic online training that is essentially delivered by a machine and does not include hands-on experience.
To see our course rates follow this link, where you can find a list of all courses and rates.
All courses can be paid either in instalments or in full. We also offer affordable finance plans.
We accept all major credit cards as well as cash payments. If you are unable to proceed with payment as above, you can make a direct payment into our account. Our bank details are as follows:
Sort Code: 20 54 58
Bank Account: 70248010
SWIFT CODE: BARCGB22
Inclusive of the price?
- Reception Academy stationary to utilise during the course.
- Access to our classrooms during the course, subject to availability.
- Certification of completion.
- Graduation ceremony in a 4-star or 5-star London Hotel.*
- Professional profiles on the Reception Academy website
- An e-copy of your customised Reception Academy CV.*
- An e-copy of your profile photo, in jpeg format.
The above applies to certain courses only and is detailed below each course.
How do I register and book a course?
To register, simply follow this link chose the course you want to do then:
- Decide the preferred start date for your course.
- Select your preferred time.
- Choose your payment option (paid-in-full discounted rate or instalment rate).
- Enter your full details, so we can send you a confirmation letter and receipt via email.
- Choose a password.
- Click “check out”.
- You will now need to enter your credit card details – please ensure that “Card Holder Address” is entered as the address.
- Upon completion, you will need to click “Confirm booking and Pay” showing you the exact amount you have agreed to pay above.
- You should now receive an email confirmation along with an attachment which is a small questionnaire. Kindly print this off, complete and return to the class on your first day.
What do graduates think about Reception Academy?
We encourage you to follow us on Facebook to read what graduates are saying about us and to hear about their success. You can also have a look at our Testimonial Page or read more detailed Success Stories.
What are the requirements for doing this course?
Prospective students looking to take part in any of our classroom-based courses must be 18 years and above. They are required to either be a UK/European citizen or hold a valid visa based on their status (student or spouse visa). Graduates who complete our courses and are looking for employment within the UK must have proof of eligibility to work in the UK (this does not apply to EU citizens).
You are NOT required to have a degree or a certificate to prove your level of English to be eligible to do the course. Whilst during the training the students learn Hospitality Terminology, we recommend that students possess a conversational standard of English in order to take part in our courses. We offer a number of online and classroom courses which cover useful sentences used either during the training or within Hospitality work environments. We highly recommend our two week Hospitality English Language course for anyone wishing to improve their English skills.
What do I need to wear?
Dress code for the course is smart casual, no jogging suits but you may wear jeans.
You need to have a suit and a shirt – a tie for gents - ladies do not have to wear a skirt with their suit. The suit is worn only on the graduation, profile picture and the practical exam days.
What do I need to bring to the classroom?
The Academy provides all the students with access to a dedicated laptop, so you do NOT need to bring one. You will also get a notepad and pen, so you only need to bring with you the answers to the course questionnaire, balcony disclaimer, contact detail form and your passion for the Hospitality industry.
Please remember to print out the directions and bring them with you so that you can find us the first time you visit.
Students are required to attend at least 80% of the course in order to be allowed to take the final exam.
Regardless of authorised or unauthorised absence, any attendance below 80% will automatically exclude the student from sitting the final exam and therefore he/she may not receive a certificate.
Can I fail a classroom course?
The simple answer is "no". As long as you attend at least 80% of the course and you sit the exam, you will receive a certificate at the end of the course. Our final exams do not have a pass mark and therefore you cannot fail.
What is the examination process for a classroom course like?
Our exams are straight forward and consist of multiple choice questionnaires and an exercise sheet. We also prepare you during the course by having you take a mock exam. The mock exam is purely for yourself to see how well you have learned and where you need to improve. The score from the mock exam does not form part of your final exam. Our final exams do not have a pass mark and therefore you cannot fail.
How long do I have to complete an online course?
Online Courses are available for 30 days from the time of payment. During these 30 days, you may repeat the course and view the slides as many times as you like, however, the quiz can be completed only once. There is enough time for you to work through the course materials thoroughly, so please do so before choosing to complete the final quiz. Upon successful completion please email firstname.lastname@example.org in order to receive a copy of your certificate (if applicable).