Start your new Medical Receptionist Career from as little as £41.25 a month. Easy Repayment Plan available for this course. Apply Now.
This outstanding classroom course, unlike other courses offered, has been designed for individuals looking to begin a career in the Medical Reception profession spanning Dental-, GP-, and Hospital Reception.
Our training ensures you have all the essential skills needed to be an exceptional Medical Receptionist, ultimately leading to employment in either a private GP practice, Walk-In Centre, Dental Reception or Hospital Reception.
Our two week, 4 hours a day, course covers standard Medical Reception procedures, extensive use of Medesk Clinic Management System, Brand-standards used by the NHS and leading practices. This is followed by hands-on practical sessions in a state of the art training room where newly learnt skills are put into practice. All classroom sessions are taught and observed by experienced and caring trainers.
At the Academy, it is our goal to ensure you acquire the essential skills under our guidance and set you on the right path for your future career. This classroom course is tailored to meet the requirements of individuals with no previous Medical Receptionist experience. Consequently, anyone from any background, nationality or age is welcome to join the course and start a new career in this wonderful and rewarding industry.
Upon completion of the course, a profile is created on our website for each graduate consisting of their CV, a professional photograph and contact details. Relevant recruiters are granted access to these profiles in order to find suitable applicants for their vacancies.
This unique and interactive Medical Reception & Medesk Clinic Management Software classroom course comprises of 40 hours of training.
Course Material covered:Read more
UK Leading medical receptionist procedures and brand standards:
- Welcoming visitors and making an excellent first impression
- Delivering outstanding customer service and building rapport
- Confident body language, professional tone and language
- Personal presentation, dress code and medical etiquette
- Understanding all relevant Medical Reception forms
- Greeting and assisting visitors, patients and staff in a professional manner
- Different roles within a practice
- Understanding different departments within a hospital
- Sources of advice and support outside the practice
- Watching out for “Triggers” in Emergencies
- Becoming a "Care Navigator"
- Prioritising workload and patients
- Registering patients and visitors and assisting with processing registrations and check ins
- Private patients vs. NHS patients
- Understanding medical jargon, terminology and abbreviations
- Responding to telephone, email and face to face queries
- General Administration duties
- Incident reporting
- Logging and reporting of health and safety issues
- Handling of post including use of franking machine DM60
- Effective communication
Medesk Clinic Management Software:
You will get extensive Clinic Management Software practice on:
- Medesk Clinic Management Software
- Booking Appointments
- Regular Appointments and Emergency Appointments
- Registering new patients
- Creating invoices and taking payments
- Scanning and filing of forms and documents
- Handling prescriptions
- Blocking Practitioner's schedule
- Setting reminders and tasks
- Schedule hospital admissions, tests, scans and outside appointments for patients
- Obtain external medical reports as required by medical professionals
This course includes comprehensive, hands-on sessions on touch typing to ensure all graduates are able to type at adequate speed without the need to look at the keyboard.
Patient and Visitor interaction:
- Patient interaction
- Becoming familiar with medical terminology
- Handling irate visitors
- How to deal with anxious and paranoid visitors
- CV writing skills; guidance on creating the correct CV
- Interview techniques; guidance on how to perform in an interview
- Career path planning for a clear understanding of your future
The examination for this course consists of two multiple choice questionnaires and one short exercise sheet. There is no pass mark for this course which means you cannot fail. During the course you will take one short mock exam, preparing you for the final exam. The mock exam does not count towards your final score. This test is purely to check your knowledge before you take the final exam at the end of the course.
Why is this course not available as an online course?Read more
Learning a new skill is not always simple and you need support and practice if you want to be able to successfully start a new career from scratch. Yes, you can learn certain theoretical aspects of a new job online but let's be honest it is rarely fun or effective and it certainly will not give you the hands-on experience you need if you are serious about your career ambitions.
Maybe the following example will make it clearer why taking an online course will not prepare you for a job in the medical reception environment:
Ask yourself "Can you really learn to drive a car by completing a simple online course?" Most certainly not! You have to physically sit in the car, feel what it is like to steer and drive on the roads and learn what challenges you may face; the instructor safely by your side to give you a helping hand and guidance when needed. The same can be said about wanting to learn and become a Medical Receptionist. It may look simple but it requires skill and training to make it look effortless.
Remember, once employed by a company you will be working with a very expensive software and real patients and visitors. No company will allow you to do so just because you completed a simple online course. Practicing on real visitors, without having received the right professional training beforehand, can damage a clinics' reputation and your confidence. At Reception Academy we will help you build both, strong practical experience and confidence which will not only get you the job but help you to build the career you are aspiring to.
- £799 – This rate is the discounted rate which must be paid in full at the point of booking
- £899 – This rate may be paid in three instalments of £299.67
Included in the price:
- Reception Academy stationary to utilise during the course.
- Certification of completion
- Graduation ceremony in a 4/5 star London Hotel
- Student profile, including a professional profile picture and CV
- Active recruitment support
- Life-time career support
- Complimentary tea and coffee
Course times available:Read more
- Monday – Friday 07:30 – 11:30 or 12:00 – 16:00 or 16:30 – 20:30 – 2 weeks
Please note that we require you to wear a conservative style suit on graduation day.
On all other “non-suit days” please feel free to wear anything you feel comfortable in.
Participants must have a good and confident command of the English language. None native speakers should ideally speak at C1/C2 level. Please note, we do not require a certificate to proof your level of English. To test your English and determine your level of English, click here.
More InformationRead more
Why not come and visit us in person at Reception Academy? We would be delighted to show you around and answer any further questions you may have. Just let us know when you would like to visit and we can arrange a date and time that suits you best.
You may also be interested inRead more
Other pages you may find usefulRead more
Worried about Brexit?Read more
Don't be. There is a good reason why Brexit may actually help you to boost your Hotel Career. Click here and get the latest update on Brexit and how it can benefit you.
Reception Academy LondonReception Academy,
10 Whites Row, London, E1 7NF Nearest Station: Liverpool Street Station
I just recently finished the Medical Reception & Clinic Management Software Course at the Academy. I couldn't be happier to start my new journey with all the insight I received during the course. From the first day I knew that this was going to be life changing. I could tell that the Academy took your future seriously, by providing great staff and learning environment. My teacher Martin Hartmann was amazing, he was very professional and had our best interest at heart. I learned everything and more than expected to become a Medical Receptionist. It had been really hard for me to find a job in this field but after the course I have been getting invitations for interviews and job opportunities. Its like a door had been opened and I couldn't be happier to have taken this course that gave me the boost that I needed to be prepared for the role. I had an amazing and knowledgeable teacher that made it totally worth it. Martin has even kept in touch after the course to support me with the job search, curriculum vitae, cover letter and encouragement. I couldn't have asked for a better teacher than Martin. Thank you Martin for your support and amazing experience. I also want to thank Reception Academy for providing this service that changes lives and helps people find more opportunites. I highly recommend this course to anyone that is looking for change and want to improve their skills for better opportunities.Written
It was an amazing experience in Reception Academy. I studied Medical Receptionist Course for Two Week, with an Extraordinary Teacher Mr. Martin Hartmann. I will highly Recommend to all for it's outstanding skill, professionalism and friendly environment.Written
Opportunities working as a receptionist
If you re looking for a job that s fun, rewarding and has great prospects, becoming a receptionist could be the perfect choice. Thinking of starting a career as a Corporate, Medical or Hotel Receptionist Look no further. Here s the inside story on what working as a receptionist could...Read more
3 ways hoteliers can handle their festive bookings successfully
Christmas is coming, but how can hoteliers make sure they re prepared We asked Mike Hardman, Marketing Manager at catering equipment supplier Alliance Online, for his expert advice. Check out some of Mike's tips below. Successfully managing a hotel means being able to adapt to changing trends. And, embracing annual...Read more
8 hotels with extravagant Christmas decorations
When it comes to Christmas decorations, some hotels are happy with a little tinsel. Others prefer to go all out and create a full-on winter wonderland. Think huge trees, fairy lights, ice rinks and gingerbread replicas of well, anything you like. Here are some of the hotels making spirits bright...Read more