This specific career starter course has been designed for individuals looking to begin a career in the Corporate Reception industry without prior experience in this field.
If you like to start a rewarding Corporate Reception career that offers regular working hours Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm and an annual salary of between £23,000-£26,000 - then this course is ideal for you.
Browse course content below and see how we can get you the job you want.
If you can't find what you are looking for or you would prefer to speak to a trainer/advisor in person come and see us or use the website chat function in the lower right-hand corner of our website.
Employment OpportunitiesRead more
Over 90% of graduates who complete this course go into fully paid employment on course completion.
We work with large corporate reception providers such Rapport, Portico and Cushman & Wakefield just to name a few. On course completion, we will provide our corporate partners with your CV, access to your graduate profile and your availability.
Your dedication in taking a self-funded career development course is greatly appreciated by our partner companies and shows your commitment to the industry you want to enter. Our partner companies understand the training you have gone through and are eager to consider you for their vacancies as a result of it.
Not sure if the profession of corporate receptionist is right for you? We have written a few blogs that may help you in your decision making process:
Is this course right for you?Read more
This Corporate Receptionist and Visitor Management Software Course is the ideal course for:
- Those looking to begin a career in the corporate sector with no previous UK Front Office experience
- Business Administration graduates looking to gain a qualification to complement their degree
- Experienced Hotel Receptionists looking to move into the corporate world
- Anyone looking for regular working hours Monday to Friday with a good starting salary
- Anyone looking to provide great customer service in a fast-growing industry
"You guys changed my life." Rita Juldaseva
"One of the best decisions I have ever made!" Lee Birtle
"You inspired me to follow my dream." Hajira Nasir
"Fantastic Course" Accursio Dimino
Course Content / TopicsRead more
This classroom course is taught by a professional and qualified teacher. Lessons are hands-on and delivered in a state of the art classroom.
Topics taught in class include:
- Welcoming visitors and making an excellent first impression
- Delivering outstanding customer service and building rapport
- Confident body language, professional tone and terminology
- Personal presentation, dress code and corporate etiquette
- Greeting and assisting members in a professional manner
- Registering clients and visitors and assisting with processing check-in and checkouts
- Responding to telephone, email and face to face queries
- General Administration duties
- Booking couriers and processing mail
- Developing an eye for detail
- Show rounds and lead handling
- Security walk around
- Incident reporting
- Logging and reporting of health and safety issues
- Site Operating Manual handling
- Reporting of maintenance issues
- Local area knowledge
- Email handling and follow up
- Handling of the post including use of franking machine DM60
- Use of daily management log
Extensive Software practice:
- Booking appointments
- Amending and cancelling appointments
- Booking of groups/events
- Producing visitor badges
- Producing temporary access passes
- Replacing lost or stolen access passes
This course includes comprehensive, hands-on sessions on touch typing to ensure all graduates are able to type at adequate speed without the need to look at the keyboard.
Course DurationRead more
This course is available as a weekday and weekend course. The weekday course runs for two weeks, Monday to Friday for four hours each day. Class times usually available are: 7.30-11.30, 12.00-16.00 or 16.30-20.30.
Our weekend course is taught over five Saturdays from 9.30-18.00.
Please note that the graduation will take place on a different day to your final course day. To find out the exact graduation date for your chosen course, please contact us.
Why is this not an online course?Read more
Learning a new skill is not always simple and you need support and practice if you want to be able to successfully start a new career from scratch. Yes, you can learn certain theoretical aspects of a new job online but let's be honest it is rarely fun or effective and it certainly will not give you the hands-on experience you need if you are serious about your career ambitions.
Ask yourself "Can you really learn to drive a car by completing a simple online course?" Most certainly not! You have to physically sit in the car, feel what it is like to steer and drive on the roads and learn what challenges you may face; the instructor safely by your side to give you a helping hand and guidance when needed. The same can be said about wanting to learn and become a Corporate Receptionist. It may look simple but it requires skill and training to make it look effortless.
Remember, once employed by a company you will be working with a very expensive software and real clients and visitors. No company will allow you to do so just because you completed a simple online course. Practicing on real visitors, without having received the right professional training beforehand, can damage a companies' reputation and your confidence. At Reception Academy we will help you build both, strong practical experience and confidence which will not only get you the job but help you to build the career you are aspiring to.
Assessment / Final ExamRead more
The examination for this course consists of two multiple-choice questionnaires and one short exercise sheet. There is no pass mark for this course which means you cannot fail.
During the course you will take one short mock exam, preparing you for the final exam. The mock exam does not count towards your final score.
Qualification, Accreditation & CertificationRead more
This course is internationally recognised and endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality (IOH) for its quality, innovation and industry specific content. Learners who successfully complete this course, will receive 13 CPD points.
You will also receive an official certification, confirming your Level 3 Diploma in Hospitality (QCF).
Before you bookRead more
We believe in our training and our ability to get you into a job that you'll love but don't take our word for it.
Here are some golden rules you should follow before you register for a course with any course provider:
- Do your research and call or get in touch with the organisation you like to sign up with. What is their response like? How long does it take them to respond? Do they sound professional? Do you feel valued? Do they give you straight forward answers or do they try to push you to sign up regardless of your individual needs? Remember, this is your future and you want to make sure that the organisation you sign up with is qualified and has a great track record of real success.
- Go and visit the organisation. You should always be able to have a look around, meet a trainer or adviser and maybe even sit in during a training session. Be wary if an organisation is reluctant to show you around.
- Does their training look and feel like it qualifies you for work? A simple one day course or online training has never really qualified anyone for anything. So if you think about a real qualification that will get you somewhere consider the course duration and how hands-on it is.
- Get in touch with previous students and see what they thought about this course. Facebook is great for this. Send people a message or publish a question on the respective provider social media and see if the response matches your general view of the course provider.
- Examine reviews carefully. If a provider has received a one-star review with negative feedback watch out for overly good five-star reviews that immediately follow this one-star review. This is often done so that you won't see the one-star review as all new reviews push the bad review down until it can't be seen anymore.
We are confident in our own ability to deliver what we promise. Make sure you are equally confident in the organisation you trust your future in.
When to book & How to enrolRead more
We usually only allow a maximum of 12 students per class to ensure you get the best possible learning experience. This means that classes can get fully booked quite quickly and we suggest you do not leave it too late to book your seat.
We recommend you book between 6-4 weeks before the course is due to start. If you book your course a minimum of 4 weeks before the course start date you will automatically receive a 10% early booking discount on check out.
You can enrol directly via our website. Simply select your course, click on "Book Now" and follow the on-screen instructions.
Course Fee & Payment OptionsRead more
Our courses represent great value for money.
We operate on a "not for profit" basis and we are greatly supported by our partner companies, allowing us to keep the course fees as low as possible and enabling you to start a new career at a price that most training companies charge for a one or two day course.
Remember, valuable classroom training provided by caring trainers, using a sophisticated operating software can never be replaced by generic online training that is essentially delivered by a machine and does not include hands-on experience.
Start your new Corporate Receptionist Career from as little as £41.25 a month. Easy Repayment Plan available for this course. Apply Now.
We also offer a 10% discount on certain classroom courses if they are booked at least four weeks before the course is due to start. Our online portal will apply this discount automatically on check out.
What is included in the course fee?Read more
The course fee you pay is a complete price and there is nothing else to pay.
The course fee always covers:
- The training and access to relevant software
- Workbook if applicable
- Notepad and handouts
- Professional profile picture
- Professional academy profile
- Examination fees
- Graduation ceremony
- Active employment support
- Life-time career support
- Complimentary tea and coffee
Please note, we require students to wear a simple suit on two occasions. This suit is not provided by us and you must arrange your own wardrobe on those two occasions. The trainer will provide further details on your first day of class.
If you have a specific question regarding the suit, feel free to get in touch.
Language RequirementsRead more
If you are confident in your ability to speak English and your current level is intermediate to upper-intermediate you are welcome to register for the course.
This course includes lessons on specific terminology used as a corporate receptionist.
To test your English and determine your level of English, click here.
Tutor SupportRead more
This classroom course is instructor lead and you will be able to ask questions throughout the course. Your trainer also remains at your disposal on course completion.
Many of our graduates, in fact, stay in touch with their trainer long after the course has finished obtaining ongoing advice, feedback and career assistance. You are always welcome at Reception Academy.
Read what our students think about us and the support we provide in our "Reviews" section.
You may also be interested inRead more
Other pages you may find usefulRead more
Worried about Brexit?Read more
Don't be. There is a good reason why Brexit may actually help you to boost your Hotel Career. Click here and get the latest update on Brexit and how it can benefit you.
Reception Academy LondonReception Academy,
10 Whites Row, London, E1 7NF Nearest Station: Liverpool Street Station
I’ll be always thankful to Reception Academy whom have played a significant role for my career. I’ve attended two weeks corporate reception course in November 2019 and Martin which was my trainer was absolutely amazing. I found the job after only 2 weeks and now I’m working for Rapport in a beautiful building in Liverpool Street.Written
I just finished the course of corporate receptionist at reception academy. Our trainer was Martin, and I can't thank him enough. The course was so well thought, I didn't want to end! So much valuable information and training in just two weeks. Martin is the kindest human being, and he cares about his students. He kept us entertained at all times, and there was not a day without laughter. After the completion, I have his full support in anything I need, which is fantastic. Thank you so much, Reception Academy, and I wish you the most success.Written
I was very impressed with the Corporate Receptionist course. Daniel was an excellent teacher and I found the classroom sessions to be a lot of fun whilst very productive at the same time. Since having completed the course in January, I have now managed to secure my first job as a corporate receptionist with Portico who are affiliated with Reception Academy. Without the course this would not have been possible. Many thanks to Daniel and Reception Academy for all your help.xWritten
Opportunities working as a receptionist
If you re looking for a job that s fun, rewarding and has great prospects, becoming a receptionist could be the perfect choice. Thinking of starting a career as a Corporate, Medical or Hotel Receptionist Look no further. Here s the inside story on what working as a receptionist could...Read more
3 ways hoteliers can handle their festive bookings successfully
Christmas is coming, but how can hoteliers make sure they re prepared We asked Mike Hardman, Marketing Manager at catering equipment supplier Alliance Online, for his expert advice. Check out some of Mike's tips below. Successfully managing a hotel means being able to adapt to changing trends. And, embracing annual...Read more
8 hotels with extravagant Christmas decorations
When it comes to Christmas decorations, some hotels are happy with a little tinsel. Others prefer to go all out and create a full-on winter wonderland. Think huge trees, fairy lights, ice rinks and gingerbread replicas of well, anything you like. Here are some of the hotels making spirits bright...Read more